We’re the Crown of Creation. Right?
- we’re wrestling with a pandemic that arguably is of our making
- we’re seduced by neoliberalism to the point where we can’t see the wood for the f* trees
- we’re at odds with who we are
- we’re killing the planet quicker than we’ll ever repair it
- we’re the root cause of the Anthropocene
- and so much more.
And what do we do?
Not. Very. Much.
It’s so depressing.
Somehow, don’t ask me how, we’ve got to close the gap between our comfort-giving life and what the earth can support. It’s not going to be easy. In fact, that’s a gross understatement. If you ask me, we’re so far up to our neck that it’s very likely that by the time we wake up to our actions it will be too late.
Too late. Hardly the most uplifting message to share with the next generation.
For me, despite the fact that I’m part of the problem I’m not about to go quietly. Hell, no! I’m ready for the next phase of my life where I take on business and shake their very foundation. You want a nice life. Don’t we all. But at what cost?
At what cost!
Anyhow, it’s Monday and I’m ready for the off but that doesn’t mean I’m not excited by the prospect of making a new dent in my tiny little Universe.